Friday, January 7, 2011

January 7

I am already having bad dreams about packing. With a month and four days to go I guess maybe the dreams are justified...seeing how fast time flies I will be on that plane sooner than I think.

And I will admit that I have already started picking out clothing to take. I'm not sure how I will fit 3 months of necessities into one duffel bag but I always do overpack so I'm sure I can work it out.

I got my visa about a week ago! Imagine, one little page in my passport with some stamped-on dates will get me into Gabon. And it is all in French, too. Quite official.

Big prayers: that weather is good in Chicago on February 11. That I can get everything packed easily. That my parents won't cry too much at the aiport. ;) When other people cry I can't seem to stop myself either!

4 comments:

  1. You always overpack? :D Weren't you the one in our Summit room with the smallest suitcase? You had us impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that is true! I didn't want to be labeled as an over-packer at Summit ;) of course my house was only 20 minutes away in case I forgot anything...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe! You didn't over pack when you came here either! I was impressed!! <3 <3
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always, always, ALWAYS underpack. It's terrible!

    I'm so excited for you...and I'm glad you're recording your "journey" here for us. <3

    ReplyDelete