Tuesday, February 8, 2011

3 days to go

Last night was my first night when I literally could not fall asleep and just kept glancing at the clock. Ugh, three more nights of this! Tonight I'm playing music to keep me from thinking. :)

It's weird, I keep having these up and down moments. At one moment I want to cry just thinking about leaving home. But then again, it is only for 3 months! It's gonna fly by! At other moments, like when I'm packing (not the moments when I'm stressing over it though) I get really excited. I think about Leanne (the volunteer coordinator) and getting to meet her, the change of scenery...just being in a new place altoghether. And knowing that from Friday morning to Saturday evening it's going to be me and God travelling together.

Packing has been a bit of an ordeal for me. I am having a hard time keeping my case under 50 lbs. It doesn't help that the actualy suitcase weighs 6 pounds itself. I have had to take out all my books, some toiletries, and clothing. I'm seriously not sure what else to take out at this point...it would be great if I could find a light, large duffle bag to substitute for the case!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Livs! I'm so excited for you!!! But I never called you... shame on me! And now I'm going to have to wait three months!! Oh well. I shall be praying for you, dearest.

    *giant squeeze!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEPPPP!!!!!! It's TOMORROW!!! You're going to be in AFRICA!!!!!!!! Oh my word!!!!! I'm flipping out!!! (And going to misssssss youuu!!!!!! <3 <3 <3). Love and prayers are going with you! <3

    ReplyDelete