Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I haven't brushed my teeth in 24 hours!!

I really don't like flying...which is so ironic, considering I want to live overseas someday, and I go to school all the way across the country.  It's just such a hassle, especially when trying to keep up with personal hygiene in the airports!

Last night I said my second tearful goodbye to Gabon, although this time it was different...in a way it was harder because as I walked away I didn't have the same resolve in my heart to return in a year like last time. As much as I would love to go back to Gabon again as soon as possible, I know that I need to be open to whatever God wants for my future, not just what I want.

I am thankful that I have been blessed to stop in Paris for ten days before going back to the States.  Ever since I was little I have dreamed of visiting Paris, and as I walked through my dream city today I kept saying, "Wow...wow...this is so beautiful...wow..."  This definitely is one of the coolest cities I have visited!

Being here is a good segway between Gabon and America...I am surrounded by whities again, but because of the more conserved culture, I still don't really make eye contact with people and smile at them.  It's important to be aware of your surroundings just as much here because of pick-pocketing.  Of course, as usual, I am freeeeezing!!!

The family I am staying with, the Roos family, is awesome--they just moved here about six months ago and have been going to language school.  The girls--ages 7 and 10--have picked up a lot of French from their public school, and they already are very good at figuring out transportation on the subways and metro.  If they can do it, so can I!


No comments:

Post a Comment