Friday, November 26, 2010

The Development - Part 3

Only in Colorado can it be 20 degrees one day and 50 the next. And trying to decide whether to wear a long or short sleeve shirt in December?? I don't think I'll have the problem in Gabon. Someone recently pointed out to me that Gabon is right by the Congo! Tropical a bit? It's going to be so hot while I'm there...maybe I'll get a tan!

So to finish up the story of how the entire thing developed I'm going to keep it short and simple. I left off where I was trying to decide between telling Honduras "yes" and scrapping Gabon or go with Gabon (even though I didnt' have all of my questions answered) and tell Honduras "no", riksing both internships completely. Finally at some point I got all my questions answered by Envision and I knew pretty much all I needed to know to make the decision.

Now this is where it gets kind of silly. Remember how at the beginning of the entire process I had originally wanted to go to Africa somewhere? My heart is with that continent and I'd been hoping from the beginning for a chance to go there. So here I was trying to decide whther to go to Africa or Honduras. Looking back, I was being sort of silly as I sat on my bed nearly tearing my hair out as to which one I should choose. Then it dawned on me. "Duh, Olivia! Africa is where you wanted to go all along! Why are you trying to decide if you should be going there if you have a door opened to go??"

So it was just quite clear to me at that point that I should go for Africa. Even though some of the kinks weren't smoothed out yet (and still aren't) I know that God is going to work it all out.

That is something that has been so comforting about this entire thing. To know that God really completely has control over these next few months (well, every month of my life of course, but these in particular) has been one of the most incredible parts of this. For the first time in my life I have had to trust God with a completely life changing event and this time, instead of me having to hem and haw over what I should do or choose, God just made it so clear that I needed to go away and He has taken care of it all.

The biggest question I get is how I'm paying for all of this. This is the best part of the whole story. So last October I was rear ended...my car was totalled and I had some minor back injuries. Around this September, just when I was figuring out all of this going away stuff, the insurance company called me. They asked, "Would you like to settle your bodily injuries claim?" and I was like, "Uh....what does that mean?" and they said, "Pretty much we'll send you $6,000 if you promise never to sue us or the man who hit you for injuries." What did I say? "Heck yeah!" (not really, but it's how I felt!). And so in less than five minutes God took care of all my financial issues. At the time I didn't realize just how amazing amazing amazing! this was. But now...oh how I know now. To think, if I had had to raise $6000 on my own to pay for this? I'm not sure how I would have done it. Obviously with God's help but I am so so so thankful He gave me full check to pay for it all.

As I've said, there are still loopholes. I still have unanswered questions. But I think part of the excitement of everything is seeing how God will weave it all together.

Lord, I dedicate this entire trip to you. Everything it does to me and whatever I can do for others may it be in Your name and for Your glory! Thank you for your all consuming love, Father.

3 comments:

  1. I love reading about all that God is doing with this whole trip Livy!! :OD I'm so excited for you! God is a faithful and loving Father! Wow! :-)

    I didn't know you got minor back injuries from your little accident! Does your back still bother you?

    Xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is such an amazing story, Liv! Especially about the money part! I'm sure when you got in the accident you had no clue why God had it happen, and there you go! There was an amazing reason for it, as always! *hugs* I love you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing! God is amazing! I am incresingly excited for you and so thankful that you're writing this blog. Yeah! xoxo C

    ReplyDelete