Sunday, November 7, 2010

I don't know exactly...

Ok, so I know what you are thinking. At least, it is the first (or sometimes second) question people ask me when they find out I'm going to Gabon. "What exactly are you going to be doing there?" I usually respond with "I don't know exactly what I will be doing...but...". The other question I get is "How long will you be there?" That I can answer. About three months starting sometime in February. I think it's funny when people look slightly shocked and note that that is a "long time" considering that originally I had hoped to be going away for 4-6 months. Unfortunately I can't afford to go away for that long, but I'll take what I get. And I have been given a lot.

For my own purposes I am going to write out the whole story of the development of this trip on this blog. I like to record memories and already some of the details of how this all came to be are escaping me. To tell the truth, what has been happening in my life the past few months are some of the most amazing things that have ever happened to me. So I want to remember it forever as well as share the story with anyone interested enough to read about it. It's a pretty long story, though, so I'm going to write it up and post it in sections. More to come...

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I'm so happy you started this! I will be reading it!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh gooody!! I can't wait to hear the whole entire story. :D

    ReplyDelete